Optimize your store’s performance
AXIS 3D People Counter gives you critical data to optimize your store’s performance. It can answer questions such as how many people visit your stores everyday, and how many make a purchase. It automatically counts in real time the number of people passing under a stereo camera and in which direction.
Information about store traffic can help you:
- analyze customer flows and traffic trends;
- evaluate impact of advertising and promotions;
- improve staff planning and determine optimal opening hours, so you can deliver excellent customer service and optimize employee costs;
- assess the impact of weather on customer visits; and
- identify and reward high performing stores and employees
When integrated with a PoS (Point of Sale) system, it can collect valuable information about conversion rates, providing your store with reliable data to base business critical decisions on.
Precise and reliable
AXIS 3D People Counter, in combination with a ceiling-mounted AXIS P8804 Stereo Sensor Kit, is specially designed for accuracy in challenging situations, such as when there is a high flow of people or when there are strong light, glares and shadows. In addition, there is no need to remove existing merchandise, displays, or shelving within the counting zone.
The solution allows the stereo sensor kit to be mounted in passageways from as low as 2.4 m to 4 m (7.9 to 13 ft) from the ground, with a coverage of between 1.7 m to 2.5 m (5.6 ft to 8.2 ft). For more information on mounting heights and coverage widths, please see the User Manual.
Integration and data access
AXIS 3D People Counter saves data directly on each camera for up to 90 days. The software provides only numeric counts. No image or video is stored. Its open protocol allows the people counting data to be integrated into PoS or other systems. Users can access the data in four ways:
- By using a standard web browser to access the camera’s web interface, which provides live views and graphical representations of the statistics. In such a case, there is no need for an on-site server or any other hardware.
- Through an open HTTP API in the camera, whereby you can extract real-time static raw data, as well as data for specified time periods, and in various formats; for example, JSON, XML and CSV.
- By using AXIS Store Reporter, which is a web-based service that gathers statistical data from various sources of Axis retail analytics applications and presents the data and graphical representations in one interface. Ideal for use in multi-site and multi-camera installations.
- Through AXIS Store Data Manager, a locally run software program for easy integration of data into third-party business intelligence applications.